Monday 14 January 2013

Next...

... Unfortunately this is not a  post thanking you for following Running Rabbit and encouraging me though the two years that I have been blogging and making. No, this is  a post telling you all bout my recent altercation with Next and the rubbish way they treat their customers!

On the 20th October I ordered two sofa's and a chair from Next for my new home, at the time of purchase one customer came into the store demanding a refund due to her order being cancelled twice and set back 12 weeks! 



I was assured that this was a one off and that the lady would be receiving a full refund. One of my sofa's and the chair were confirmed to be arriving in 4 weeks and the second sofa would be coming in 8 weeks due to a slight delay. 

Three weeks later instead of receiving a phone call I got a letter telling me that my sofas would arrive in the middle of December, a month late. Then I received a second later saying that there had been a further delay and that the furniture wouldn't be arriving until the end of December and I would be lucky to get the before Christmas!

At this point I rung them and told them that this was unsatisfactory customer service, definitely not of the level that you would expect of this well known family brand! I was then offered a £120 gift voucher which was then suddenly reduced to £100.once I told them that I had bought the furniture on finance. I then informed the customer service rep that this phone call was probably being recorded and that I wanted the £120 which seemed to swing it. 

The sofas finally arrived on the 16th December, however the tale doesn't end there... One of the sofa's that was delivered was the wrong colour and the feet that arrived with it didn't fit! 

This is the last straw! I am now paying finance for three sofa's when I only have two. I have spoken to customer services who have told me that I "should" here about the delivery of the correct sofa by the end of this month... Do I believe them? we will have to wait and see. 

Next... I am not impressed. 

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh having had a Next sofa I would never have another one - ours broke after a couple of years

    Fingers crossed that all your issues get sorted soon and you have no more problems

    ReplyDelete