Friday 18 May 2012

Utility China!

Before I start this post please let me apologise for my absence. In November I started a new job an i have been so busy that I haven't been able to craft let alone keep up my blog.

A friend of mine is on a mission, her sister is getting married and they have been furiously collecting tea cups for her big day. So far many of the cups have been floral and kitch but now they need something different.

I have suggested that they keep a look out for utility china. The pastel shades will fit in with the floral theme but will bring a different dimension to the overall look.


I love utility china, it has a wonderful retro feel, and the simplicity of it is wonderful. The colours are so in at the moment and I would love to have a set of my own.

So please keep a look out for this type of china and if you do see any in the Essex or Southampton area let me know!

2 comments:

  1. what's her budget? I am at a vintage show tomorrow so might see some. Alternatively Billericay Methodist Church has loads in blue that they might hire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read your post and your interest in utility China, and the photograph you have added in this post tea cup with plate. I want to say thanks for sharing this post.

    canvas artwork

    ReplyDelete