Monday 10 October 2011

Shamballa Bracelets

This Saturday I went along to the Brentwood Bead Shop to learn to make Shamballa bracelets.

I was my usual self and managed to turn up 5 minutes late! After being greeted by the lovely Nina I went up stairs and met Nina's mum Carol, who was teaching the class, and the three ladies who would be learning with me.

I sat down to find that Carol had already written out a list of the items that I would need to make the bracelet (I used this bit of paper to write my notes on).

I must admit that the bracelets look complicated, they do take a little bit of time to get used to but when you get the hang of it it's easy!




Using a clip board to clamp the bracelet is really useful but I also found that using some pins to attach the main body of the bracelet to my trouser leg also helped.







Carol is a fantastic teacher and the girls I was learning with were lovely. If you do live in Brentwood or near by keep an eye on their Facebook page for classes. They are also on Twitter @brentwoodbeads.



After the class I was so pleased with the fact that I could make these complicated looking bracelets that I bought enough for two more! And here they are...


No comments:

Post a Comment