Monday 4 July 2011

Book Review ~ Everything Alice, Hannah Read-Baldrey and Christine Leech

Everything Alice is a beautiful new craft book that was officially launched today and is available from Amazon. Everything Alice was written by Hannah Read-Baldrey (Stylist & Illustrator) and Christine Leech (Art Director & Designer). On their blog they discribe how the book came about "This book began as a little idea – a little idea hatched within an ordinary conversation over a cup of tea. We were having a chat – standing at the bottom of a staircase in a location house, which was dressed up for Christmas Day, even though it was July – and simultaneously we both exclaimed, "How we would love to make a craft book with the theme of Alice In Wonderland." Everything Alice is our first book (one of many, hopefully…) and we couldn’t be prouder!"
I managed to buy this book before its official release date and fell in love with all of the amazing ideas and the diversity of them. From making cakes and how to decorate them, to making cuddly toys, doorstops and candles in teacups!


As suggested by the girls at Everything Alice I decided to try out one of their rabbit ideas...I wonder why?


My niece turned one on Saturday so I decided to make her one of the less complicated makes and simplify it by making one of the toys from the mobile project.


Because my niece is only one I decided to simplify the design as she is teething and i didn't want her swallowing rogue buttons, so instead of doing all of the lovely stiching that is suggested I used colourful fabrics to make two bunnies.
After cutting out the two bunny shapes I started sewing them together with back stich so that this one was a little fraid around the edges I didn't turn the edges in. I may have had some help from my sewing shy boyfriend...

After stuffing them with some synthetic wadding we cut out the tail and ear detail from alernating fabrics.

We made sure we stuffed their little tails too. Below is the final result. I did try to get a picture of my niece holding them but see either had them in her mouth or was chucking them at my head!






No comments:

Post a Comment